Main menu

Pages

What are the symptoms and tests that reveal high levels of cholesterol in the blood?


The liver produces most of the cholesterol found in the bloodstream (75%), the remaining 25% comes from the foods we eat, and we all know that high levels of cholesterol in the blood are not good for your health, but the correct levels actually play a vital role in maintaining cell membranes and making hormones. The Centers for Disease Control reports indicate symptoms and tests for high blood cholesterol levels, according to the onhealth report.


Symptoms of high cholesterol

High cholesterol does not produce any symptoms and you may not know that the level of cholesterol in the blood is too high. Too much cholesterol can accumulate in the arteries, causing hardening of the arteries. This restricts blood flow through the arteries, and it can lead to serious medical problems such as a heart attack. Or a stroke.


Cholesterol tests

The American Heart Association recommends that all adults over the age of 20 have their cholesterol levels checked between every four and six years. Cholesterol is checked with a blood test.


Cholesterol tests:

Bad cholesterol:

It is the type that tends to be deposited on arterial walls. White blood cells combine with low-density lipoprotein cholesterol, which leads to arterial narrowing, which limits blood flow. The optimal level of LDL cholesterol for most people.



Good cholesterol:

Good cholesterol works to prevent harmful cholesterol from accumulating in the arteries, the higher the better. Levels of 60 mg / dL and higher can help reduce the risk of heart disease on the contrary.

reactions

Comments